Thursday, November 15, 2007

Day 8

I hope you all get the general idea of how I eat. I just don't have the time to keep up with tracking what I eat every day. It's annoying. Sorry, I'm just being honest. So instead I think I'll post a fun new recipe I've either tried or intend to try for each day (that way I can just copy and paste and be done!) Whoo hooo :)




Tomato/Cilantro Flax Cracker (from goneraw.com)

This variation came from experimenting with different herbs and seeds and is based on a recipe found in Vegan World Fusion.

Ingredients
1 cup golden flax seeds
1 cup brown flas seeds
½ cup sun-dried tomatoes, soaked in 1 C lukewarm water until soft
1¼ cups pumpkin seeds, soaked and drained
1 tablespoon Shoyu, or to taste
1 teaspoon lemon juice, fresh squeezed
1 teaspoon sea salt, or to taste
½ teaspoon black pepper, ground to taste
½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
⅛ cup parsley, chopped
⅛ cup cilantro, chopped


Preparation
Put flax seeds in a large bowl with 2 1/2 cups of filtered water and soak seeds for at least 30 minutes.

Mix all other ingredients (including sun-dried tomato soak water)in food processor and process until smooth. Mix all ingredients.

Spread evenly on 2 Paraflex dehydrator sheets and dehydrate at 115°F for 6 hours. Flip and transfer to a mesh screen for 6 additional hours.
It helps to score the crackers when you first put them onto the Paraflex sheet so that they break along the lines later.

No comments: