Monday, November 5, 2007

Day 1

I finally brought myself to begin my 21 Days of Faith Experiment. I had planned on starting a week ago but just wasn't ready. I'm a true procrastinator.The reading for today (which I truly did not read until today) was the most affirming thing I have ever read in my life. Well, maybe that is an over statement but I can't believe how relevant it is.

Daniel 1
11 Daniel then said to the guard whom the chief official had appointed over Daniel, Hananiah,Mishael and Azariah, 12 "Please test your servants for ten days: Give us nothing butvegetables to eat and water to drink. 13 Then compare our appearance with that of the youngmen who eat the royal food, and treat your servants in accordance with what you see." 14 Sohe agreed to this and tested them for ten days.15 At the end of the ten days they looked healthier and better nourished than any of theyoung men who ate the royal food. 16 So the guard took away their choice food and the winethey were to drink and gave them vegetables instead.17 To these four young men God gave knowledge and understanding of all kinds of literature and learning. And Daniel could understand visions and dreams of all kinds.18 At the end of the time set by the king to bring them into his service, the chief officialpresented them to Nebuchadnezzar. 19 The king talked with them, and he found none equalto Daniel, Hananiah, Mishael and Azariah; so they entered the king's service. 20 In everymatter of wisdom and understanding about which the king questioned them, he found them ten times better than all the magicians and enchanters in his whole kingdom.I put my favorite parts in bold lettering.

These are the things I'm taking home with me. I feel like my decision to ask God to help me change my lifestyle in relation to food has been not only affirmed, but He has blessed me with promises of the fruits of doing this.I feel like I'm off to a good start. I do, however question how far I want to take what I've read. I feel called and inspired to eat only vegetables and drink only water for 10 days. Normally eating raw for me includes fruits, juices, nuts and seeds. Maybe I'm crazy but I think God is asking me to eat as David ate. At least for 10 days...

I'm going to be keeping a food log on an old blog of mine: My Raw Food Experiment. It should be called My Failed Raw Food Experiment but that's not the point. I would like to separate my experience with the food from my experience with Jesus a little bit while I'm blogging. If you are curious about that part you can check out the link on the right.

No comments: