Thursday, November 8, 2007

Day 4

Breakfast:
Banana
Grapes

Snack:
1 inch piece of brownie

Lunch:
slaw
cuke salad

Snack:
1/4 cup trail mix

Dinner:
slaw
flax crackers
raw organic cheese
half apple


Recipes:

Raw Brownies
1 cup date paste (I used fresh dates mashed through my Samson juicer)
1 1/4 cups nut butter (I used fresh cashews mashed through my Samson)
1/3 cup agave nectar
3/4 cup cacao powder \ (I ground raw cacao nibs with a whole vanilla bean
1 vanilla bean / in my Magic Bullet - could also use a coffee grinder)

Mix all ingredients together. Lightly grease (I used coconut oil) glass pan and press mix into bottom. Refrigerate and enjoy.

Slaw
2 cups shredded cabbage (I used red)
3/4 cup shredded carrots
1/2 cup shredded zucchini
1/2 cup sprouts (I used a mix)
1/4 cup shredded radishes
Dressing:
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup cashews
1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
dash celery salt
dash garlic salt
salt & pepper to taste

Shred veggies (I used a mandolin) and place in large mixing bowl. Place all dressing ingredients in a blender (I used my Magic Bullet) and blend until smooth. Add more water if desired (I prefer a thicker dressing since water usually seeps from the veggies overnight). Mix all ingredients together and enjoy or refrigerate overnight to let the flavors meld.

Cuke Salad
1 cucumber - sliced and quartered
1/2 avocado (could use a whole one but I only had half ;)
1/4 cup sun dried tomatoes
2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
salt & pepper to taste

Mix all ingredients together. Place in fridge over night so the tomatoes can soak up some of the water from the cukes. Mmmm good!

No comments: