Monday, November 19, 2007

Day 19


Raw Chocolate Dream Cake (from goneraw.com)
Serves 10 - 12

This is a recipe that I found on the Internet. I couldn’t find a reference to the creator of this recipe but to whom ever it is, I give you total credit. This is decadent and absolutely DIVINE!!!!!
Ingredients
1 cup Raw Almonds, not soaked
2 tablespoons Agave Nectar
1 teaspoon Coconut Butter
2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
¼ teaspoon Sea Salt
0.05 ounce Bittersweet Organic Chocolate
¼ cup Cocoa/Cacao Powder
2 cups Coconut Meat, Young/soft coconut meat
½ cup Cashew Butter
½ cup Coconut Butter
½ cup Maple Syrup, Grade B/Organic
¼ cup Agave Nectar
2 tablespoons Vanilla Extract

Preparation
The ingredients repeat itself above because there is the crust and the filling. The crust ingredients are the first five ending with 1/4 tsp. sea salt and the filling begins with .05 ounce of Bittersweet Organic Chocolate (I couldn’t find this so I just used Organic Chocolate).
My notes: It was hard for me to find a nice young coconut which has jelly/soft meat so I just used the older coconut and blended it really well (as creamy as I could get it), adding some coconut water to moisten it. I added the note for the Grade B maple syrup, the young coconut meat, and the indication of Cacao vs. Cocoa (same thing really); the original recipe didn’t not specify that. As I thought later the dryer meat may work well to because it would make for a dryer cake; I’ll try it another time.

The consistency of this cake after being frozen, let to set just a little (not to be icy but firm) was firm like a cheesecake (uncooked recipe). I also found that it was too sweet for me. I would like a more robust chocolate flavor. I’m a serious chocolate lover.
Of course, try it and play with it to your special taste. When I tasted the batter, my eyes rolled in my head; I was in Heaven!!!! So delish! I used my fingers to get all the batter out and then when I did that I went back for a second scraping with my finger to lick the rest.
Here are the instructions:
For the crust:
In a food processor, grind the almonds and cocoa powder together until fine. Do not over-process. Then add in the sea salt, vanilla, coconut butter and agave and pulse a few times. Press into bottom of 7? Springform Pan. Set in the freezer.

(MY NOTE: AFTER PROCESSING THE NUTS AND THE GRINDING THE CACAO, I PUT THE DRY INGREDIENTS IN A BOWL AND MIXED EVERYTHING TOGETHER WITH A FIRM SPATULA….I SPREAD IN THE BOTTOM OF A BUNDT CAKE PAN AS I DIDN’T HAVE A SPRINGFORM PAN (PUT IN FREEZER AS INSTRUCTED)...MY BUNDT PAN HAS THE REMOVABLE INSIDE SO WHEN IT WAS STILL FIRM BUT SOFT ENOUGH, I WAS ABLE TO EASILY PULL THIS OUT TO REVEAL THE CAKE)
ALSO BECAUSE I WANTED A THICKER CRUST, I INCLUDED AN ADDITIONAL AMOUNT OF EACH INGREDIENT EXCEPT THE AGAVE NECTAR.

For the Filling:
Melt the chocolate and add everything to a high speed blender until smooth. Pour into pan and set in the fridge or freezer until firm
MY NOTE: AS THERE WAS NOTHING FOR ME TO MELT, I JUST ADDED THE POWDER AND BLENDED REALLY WELL….THERE WAS NO GRITTINESS FROM THE POWDER. AT ANOTHER TIME IN MAKING A RAW CHOCOLATE DRIZZLE/SAUCE I MELTED THE MIXTURE BY PUTTING IT IN A SMALL CONTAINER AND PLACING THAT CONTAINER IN A BOWL/CUP OF HOT WATER (BOILED AND THEN COOLED JUST A LITTLE). THIS TAKES A LITTLE PATIENCE SINCE I DIDN’T WANT TO HAVE THE NUTRIENTS REMOVED FROM OVERHEATING (WATER TOO HOT) SO I WAS TENTATIVE AND CAUTIOUS. IT CAME OUT WELL IN THE END.

No comments: