Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Day 3 - 176

I'm quite grumpy today. Little things are really irritating. For instance - I have no work to do, yet I still have to be here and that's all fine. However, the last 90 minutes of my day are going to involve learning how to write my own scripts for paint shop pro. I should welcome the learning experience but in this moment I don't give a crap and don't want to engage in the training. I hope I'm just experiencing PMS but it's hard to tell.

Yesterday was a much better day even though I felt like I was starving most of the time. I tried a fun substitute for pasta using zuccini cut on a mandolin and a sauce made from tomatoes and avocado. It was surprisingly creamy, tasty and filling.

I'm proud to say that this morning I had no desire to make any Teeccino. I felt fine without it. My experience today has been very different than days one and two so far. Other than being a sour puss and having many wandering thoughts including "what's the big deal with raw anyway?" one good thing that I can record is the simple fact that today I am not so hungry. I actually had to convince myself to eat lunch (and I'm glad I did - it was a surprisingly enjoyable collard green wrap with a cashew & spinach filling :)

I'm realizing that eating raw doesn't really take any more time than eating a healthy cooked diet. Most of the time requirement is prep time, but the cooking time gets cut out so if you aren't relying on dehydrates the time factor isn't really so much of a factor. I don't know if I can live like this forever but if I have to be on a diet for 30 days I'm glad it's this one.

Oh yay! Farmer's market is today. I'm picking up our first share from the CSA (Community Supported Agriculture) we joined with 3 other families tonight. It's still early in the season so we'll most likely have only spinach and lettuce but I can think of a hundred ways to enjoy fresh locally grown spinach and lettuce so I won't complain. I guess I should post a link to the farm.

No comments: