Monday, May 21, 2007

Day 1 - 178

Day 1 seems to be going well so far. I was fearful that my coffee addiction was going to be a huge challenge to conquer, with withdrawal symptoms and the sheer psychological dependency. However, I prayed for support this morning and have so far managed to function normally without withdrawal symptoms!

I also had help this a.m. from a product called Teeccino (not 100% raw - the darn carob is roasted) which I steeped in warm - not hot - water (as if that mattered since it's not raw anyway). It's nice to replace the coffee with a caffeine free herbal substitute. There's just something wonderful about having a warm tummy in the morning. I'm hoping that after this first week I won't even need to supplement my morning regimen with the Teeccino and I can move on to my nettle leaf tea instead. Now that I think about it I'm not even really sure how I feel about having that cup this morning. It sure hit the spot but...

Whatever. I have been invited to my first challenge - a dinner with other couples from church with little chillins. Concept: let the kids play while the parents try to engage in some sort of conversation. I'm excited to get to know some of the people better but I'm a little concerned about the temptation factor. Luckily we have the benefit of summer coming full speed ahead and with any luck someone will bring fruit salad or something. Everyone we talk to about the raw food lifestyle seems so interested and they all have a million questions. It's kind of fun to be the guinea pig for all of our friends.

No comments: