Thursday, August 14, 2008

Plum Roll Ups



My friend Liz gave me a bag of plums that she picked from her apartment building. It was a perfect opportunity to make my first fruit leather! So, here is my best attempt at a recipe for what I did:


Plum Leathers


Ingredients

4 cups fresh fruit (I used approximately 30 small plums)

1/2 cup raw honey (or agave)


Preparation

Remove the pits from the plums and process in blender or food processor. Add honey; be sure to taste as some fruits are more tart than others. Add more honey if needed and process until smooth.


Pour out on paraflexx sheets and spread to edges of tray about 1/8 inch thick. I used 2 trays. Dehydrate at 115 overnight or for about 12 hours. The leathers should be firm but not crispy.


Cut a piece of parchment paper (or waxed paper) to fit the dehydrator tray (leave about an inch extra for the end of the wrap). I found it easier to pull the leather off of the paraflexx sheet first, then lay the leather on top of the parchment. Place the leather at the top and leave some space at the end (the extra inch) and roll it up.


Once you've made your giant fruit roll up, slice it into 1-2" sections and secure the extra paper at the end with tape or your favorite stickers :)



2 comments:

Bunny Berry said...

Thank you, Stacey! I love these. I can't wait to give it a try.

Stacey D said...

24 Servings
WW = 1 point