Sunday, August 3, 2008

Dead Food List

My friend Heather was wondering about the "Dead Food List" that I mentioned in a previous post. So some folks put together a list of foods that are either completely dead or just controversial/questionable. I suppose people who are concerned about eating a 100% raw diet would take this list a lot more seriously than I do. For instance, if a manufacturer says that they produce their products at a temp below 118 or 115 or whatever I give them the benefit of the doubt. Agave is a good example. There are several manufacturers that claim their product to be raw. The same manufacturers usually sell a non-raw version that is generally less expensive as well. I always choose the raw version and trust that they produced the product in the way they claim. I have no way to prove otherwise.

To be honest, I wouldn't be able to do this whole experiment if I placed too many restrictions on myself. Isn't it enough to go from a diet of high cooked vegetarian foods to all uncooked vegan? If an ingredient here or there is not completely raw, I'm willing to bet I'll not only survive but I might even enjoy my food more and who knows? Maybe I'll actually get some nutrients from those foods as well ;) The point for me is to see how I change over the entire challenge... perhaps I'll come out feeling like I want a baked potato but there's a possibility that I'll feel more like eating fewer foods from the "Dead Food List". Only time will tell, friends.

No comments: