Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Fit for Life Part II

So it's been a while since I've begun trying to implement some of the things I learned by reading Fit for Life by Harvey and Marilyn Diamond. I implemented two very important aspects in my life and here I am a couple of weeks later maintaining those couple of changes. I haven't had coffee since I gave it up two weeks back. The first few days sucked but after that it's been mostly smooth sailing. After finding a new raw replacement for coffee I don't think I'll ever need to look back :)

I'm finding it very difficult, however, to eat only fresh fruit all morning. I end up eating a LOT of fruit. And I don't know if anyone else has noticed, but organic fruit is expensive! Sure, we have some strawberries growing and a mulberry tree producing fruit in the yard but to be honest, Adi comes first and I'm not going to fight her for these goodies! So that means buying a ton of fruit at the Co-op rather frequently. The only thing that seems to fill me up and keep me satisfied for a period of time is a smoothie. I can't really do that yet... another couple of days I'll be off work for 13 glorious weeks and you better believe it will be time for smoothies galore. The benefit of smoothies is that I can use frozen fruit that I picked last summer (mostly blueberries). I'm on the hunt for a berry picking farm in the area. Preferably an organic one or at least one that doesn't use sprays. I'll post details if I find any.

As for food combining. Wow, that's going to have to come later and on an as needed basis. I have to say that I'm feeling really strongly that eating a diet rich in raw and living foods is far higher a priority than correctly combining those raw foods. If I find that I'm having trouble digesting then I may revisit food combining. For now, I'm sticking with raw fruit until lunch, a mostly raw lunch and partly cooked dinner.

No comments: