Thursday, July 17, 2008

ChocoMelt Cookies


I've been making lots of coconut milk and almond milk to feed my addiction to Superfood Coffee so what do I do with all the leftover pulp? Not one to waste, I came up with this recipe:

ChocoMelt Cookies

Dough
3/4 cup almond pulp - dehydrated and ground into flour
3/4 cup coconut pulp - dehydrated and ground into flour
1 cup oat groats - ground into flour
1/4 cup agave nectar
1/3 cup coconut oil
1 vanilla bean - seeds scraped

I actually dehydrate the leftover pulp right away after each batch of milk. It doesn't take long at all and this way I have a stash waiting for creations like this one. To make dough: grind almond & coconut pulp and oat groats into flour using a blender or coffee grinder. Add agave, vanilla seeds and oil in a food processor (or mix by hand). As a last minute addition I pulled some raw chocolate I had in the freezer...

Chocolate Chunks
1/2 cup cacao powder
1/4 cup coconut oil
1/4 cup agave nectar

I made the chocolate several days ago and decided it would be fun to throw some in. I didn't use all of it, just add however much you like. To make: mix all ingredients, pour into a container of choice greased with coconut oil and freeze until firm. If using a food processor for the dough you can just throw large chunks of chocolate in and they will get chopped up by pulsing or you can break into pieces before adding to dough if hand mixing.

Next, I used preformed biscuit cutters a friend gave us a while back. On a paraflex sheet scoop some dough in, press down, lift up cutter and repeat. Dehydrate at 105 for about 5 hours, or just eat as they are. That's how my 3 year old liked them!


Posted by Picasa

No comments: