Thursday, June 26, 2008

Raw Ice Cream & Magic Shell


Yes indeed. Raw ice cream for me! This IS an actual photo of the ice cream I made. Here's my recipe:

1 cup raw cashews (soaked 15 minutes)
15 dates (soaked 15 minutes)
1 vanilla bean
2 cups water
pinch sea salt
I blended all of this up in my Blendtec blender until everything was completely smooth (especially the vanilla bean since I used the whole thing). Next I poured the mixture into my handy dandy ice cream makin' machine and voila! Creamy sweet wonderful raw ice cream that the whole family loves ;D
Chocolate Magic Shell Topping
Equal parts (I used 1/4 cup each):
  • cacao powder
  • agave nectar
  • coconut oil
Remember Magic Shell chocolate syrup that would harden shortly after pouring it over your icecream? Well, thanks to the coconut oil this stuff does the same thing! So fun. I think I'd like to thin it out, though. Maybe add and equal part of water just to make it easier to pour. Either way, it tastes AMAZING.

No comments: