Thursday, January 3, 2008

Corn Chips

From goneraw.com

Makes a bunch
My husband was craving chips and salsa like there’s no tomorrow, and I really felt guilty giving him dirty looks… So I finally made him some that were good enough to substitute!

Ingredients
4 ears of corn, shaved
1 cup flax meal
1 small onion, coarsely chopped
dash cayenne, to taste
1 teaspoon sea salt

Preparation
Pretty simple… 1.Put all ingredients in food processor and process until pretty well mixed, no chunks.
2.Spread on dehydrator sheets. I usually make small-ish circles, but if I’m lazy I’ll just spread it all over.
3. Dehydrate for about 8-12 hours or until fully dry. No real need to flip them, but it can’t hurt if you’re impatient.
4. Break into pieces. If they’re in circles, you can break them into quarters and get lovely nacho-like triangles. If you were lazy, just break into anything small enough to fit in your mouth or salsa bowl.

That’s it! You can season it to your liking of course, I tried adding a lot of dill and some lemon juice and got a pretty convincing dill-pickle. I’m sure anything works though.

No comments: