Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Raw Turtles

I have had quite a sweet tooth lately and with Valentine candy of the past and Easter candy of the near future on my brain I decided to satisfy my craving with a raw version of one of my very favorite holiday candies, Turtles.
These are really very simple and easy to make.  I used my usual raw chocolate recipe with a bit less agave to cover pecan halves that were covered by date halves and voila:  Raw Turtles!  They are so yummy and satisfying, and better yet they have saved me from even wanting the real thing.

Raw Turtles


Raw Chocolate
1/3 cup extra virgin coconut oil
1/3 cup raw cacao powder
1/4 cup raw agave nectar

Other Ingredients
30 raw pecan halves
30 date halves

Mix coconut oil, cacao powder and agave together into a thick chocolate sauce.  Lay the pecan halves on waxed or parchment paper covered cookie sheet and cover each one with half a date.  Dip each pecan/date combo in the chocolate sauce and place in freezer to harden.

 I recommend storing in either the refrigerator or freezer to keep the chocolate from melting.  They'll last longer in the freezer and I find that I eat goodies like this less frequently if I keep them out of site in the freezer than if I can see them every time I open the fridge.

No comments: