Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Reboot - Juice Feast!

Yesterday my husband and I started juicing after being inspired by the film Fat, Sick & Nearly Dead. You can find the movie on Netflix or Hulu for free and if you haven't seen it I would recommend it. I'm inspired most by how ordinary people (many from my home state of Iowa) took charge of their health. I've wanted to try a reboot for quite some time and never have it a go, until now.

So I'm praying for grace to do a juice feast, as I like to call it. I'm choosing to focus not on what I'm missing out on but rather the abundance of nutrients that I'm consuming as I feast on fresh juice. I haven't determined how long I will be juicing exclusively yet. Just taking one day at a time for now.

So some of the combos we've tried so far and loved are:

Apple, beet, pear, kale & broccoli
Carrot, orange, romaine & cucumber
Watermelon, kale, cilantro
Watermelon, cilantro, lime

We've enjoyed all if these so far. I'll post our favorites and some photos as we go.

No comments: